Every mom needs to have a few special recipes that she is famous for.
Another one that is at the top of the list? This frozen jello punch recipe! I’ve served it at my daughter’s wedding, our 25th wedding anniversary, my yearly Christmas parties, baby showers and birthday parties.
I often use a punch bowl but I have also used a beverage dispenser and love the look. However, honestly, you can’t dip out the fun slushy ice from this dispenser so it tastes better in a punch bowl. Your choice!
I’m hoping to make a family cookbook fairly soon and the only thing my kids have requested over and over is my punch recipe! Not sure what that says about my cooking.
My oldest daughter loves it so much that she talked me into making 18 gallons of it for her wedding. Now that’s a mama’s love right there!
That’s it. Not too complicated unless you start doubling or multiplying by 1 1/2. When I previously made this for my large Christmas party (about 40 people) I would make 1 1/2 times this recipe. You can always add more Ginger Ale to make it go farther.
For Rachel’s wedding I had 32 2-liters ready to go! We ended with several bottles leftover and refroze the punch. My suggestion: don’t use grape jello because it ends up greyish pukey looking. Green or red is good.
Also, it’s better to freeze it in inexpensive plastic pitchers instead of gallons milk jugs. My sweet friends who helped at the wedding had to cut open the tops of the jugs to get the punch into the dispensers we used. Lesson learned!
People rave over this recipe! Seriously, it’s a guaranteed hit!
- 3 small pkg. jello (any flavor)
- 9 cups boiling water
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- 16 oz. bottle lemon juice
- 2 46-oz. cans pineapple juice
- 2 large bottles Ginger Ale
- Dissolve jello in boiling water and set aside.
- Boil sugar and water and add to jello.
- Cool and add lemon juice and pineapple juice.
- Mix all together and freeze.
- When ready to use, slush up and add 2 large bottles Ginger Ale.
- You can always stretch this recipe by adding extra Ginger Ale.
- You might want to serve in small punch cups because people love this drink!
- Can serve in beverage dispenser or punch bowl. Punch bowl will retain the icy slush better!