My youngest daughter saw me editing these pictures and started oohing and aahing.
Yes, this is our favorite cheese ball. Easy, delicious and always a hit with family and guests.
To me, nothing says “welcome” like a homemade cheese ball served with your favorite crackers and the best frozen punch.
This is a tried and true recipe that I first discovered as a young wife and mom and have continued to make each year for the Christmas holiday season (though you can serve it anytime of the year!) We especially enjoy it with a slice of summer sausage.
Can you believe how well loved this recipe book is? I always try to add the date and the scoop on whether the recipe was well received or not. (The Little Links recipe is one I cook using regular hot dogs and adapt for the crock pot.)
This recipe also freezes well (probably best not longer than a few weeks) which makes it easy to multiply and have a few handy for unexpected guests.
- 3 small pkgs. dried beef (or 1 jar)
- 3 8-oz pkg cream cheese
- ¼ cup dried onions
- 2 tbs worcestership sauce
- Put the dried beef in a food processor or blender and chop until fine.
- Soften the cream cheese and mix with the dried onions, worcestershire sauce and half of the chopped dried beef.
- Shape into a ball and roll in the other half of the chopped dried beef.
- Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve with your favorite crackers.
Want to see more of our family favorite recipes? Just click on the picture to be taken straight to the post.