Jiffy Corn Bread with Creamed Corn

Jiffy Corn Bread with Creamed Corn - Marty's Musings

Even though I’m a southern gal I have never been much of a corn bread gal. I find that it’s usually too dry for me.

But since I am Southern and Southerners love corn bread I went on a hunt to find the truly “best” recipe!

Everybody I know has their “best and easiest” cornbread recipe. Just go to any church potluck to see what I mean!

I’m here to tell you that this Jiffy Corn Bread with Creamed Corn recipe really and truly is the best and easiest!

This Corn Bread recipe really and truly is the best and easiest corn bread ever!! The selling point for this recipe? There are only six ingredients and one bowl needed. Made with a Jiffy Corn Bread mix this bread is amazingly moist and not dry and crumbly. Don't believe it? Just read the comments on the post at Marty's Musings!

The selling point for this recipe? There are only six ingredients and one bowl needed (plus one to beat the eggs).

I love to teach my kids how to bake at an early age so they can be helpful in the kitchen and aren’t afraid to cook when they’re on their own.

This recipe is one of the ones I start them on.

Jiffy Corn Bread with Creamed Corn - Marty's Musings

I love that the corn bread is moist instead of dry and crumbly.

Sometimes I’ll serve it with my Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Soup

Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Soup - Marty's Musings

or my slow cooker favorite Taco Soup

Slow Cooker Taco Soup from Marty's Musings

or even my Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup in the slow cooker.

Slow Cooker Chicken Gnocchi Soup #KleenexTarget

White Chicken Chili is also great with this corn bread!

Can you tell I love slow cooker recipes?

It also makes a terrific side dish to take to a potluck or picnic. Perfect match for any season of the year!

Your family will thank you. ~smile~

***If you read through the comments below you’ll find tons of good ideas for ways to adapt this recipe.

4.9 from 26 reviews
Jiffy Corn Bread with Creamed Corn
Recipe type: Bread
Easy to make, extremely moist corn bread recipe with Jiffy Mix.
  • 2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • ½ cup melted butter or margarine
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 16 oz. can creamed corn
  1. Mix all ingredients together and pour into greased 9x13 baking dish.
  2. Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes or until lightly brown.

Jiffy Corn Bread with Creamed Corn from Marty's MusingsJiffy Corn Bread with creamed cornJiffy Corn Bread with Creamed Corn from Marty's MusingsMama's Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup

1. I made a new cornbread recipe this week that called for creamed corn. I didn’t have any on hand, so I just threw a can of regular corn into my blender . . . and out came creamed corn. Worked great!

:) :) :)

• Haha, Laurel! I love that you put your regular canned corn in the blender to get creamed corn! I probably would have just thrown it in anyway!

I’m so glad you got to meet your new grandson this week. What a full house you’re going to have again with all those grandbabies!

2. Thanks so much for this recipe Marty! I used it to make little mini-muffins for a party, and it was a hit! I thought of you when a friend mentioned that she hates cornbread, but couldn’t stop eating the muffins. Definitely printing this recipe and adding it to my recipe binder. Peace and Blessings to you!

• Hey, Nicole. I’m glad you found my cornbread recipe and I hope you enjoy it. Mini muffins sound great!

• This recipe is the BOMB!!! So very moist with a texture like cake! Not the usual crumbly dry cornbread I usually end up making despite all efforts otherwise. This is my go to recipe from now on!! Thank you so much. And I shared it on my FB page. :)

3. Wow absolutely amazing… Best cornbread I’ve ever had. Can’t stop eating it!

4. How long do you bake the mini muffins???

• Hi, Maxine, I’m not totally sure of the time for mini muffins but I would probably start at 10-12 minutes and go from there. Regular muffins may be a bit more. Good luck!

5. Peggyb1946 says:

Marty, thank you for posting this. Jiffy corn bread is almost the same as my scratch cornbread, but I didn’t have a recipe for cornbread with creamed corn. Thanks to you, it will grace my Christmas table this year . Much appreciated. Happy holidays.

6. I used Glory Foods seasoned creamed corn and plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream…super!!!!

7. Have been looking for a recipe like this for a while. Can’t wait to try it! Just curious, how vital is the sour cream to the recipe?

• Hi, Danielle. I had a reader who substituted yogurt for the sour cream and she said it was great! I think it’s probably important to have something with the texture of sour cream, but if you’re looking for lower calorie the yogurt would do fine. Have a great day!

8. leslie Bess says:

This is also called corn souffle and is served as a side dish. I made it for Thanksgiving dinner and Christmas Dinner this year. Its also called funeral corn because people make it a lot for friends and neighbors after funerals in the south. It is a quick, good dish.

• Hi, Leslie. I didn’t know all the things you shared about the recipe, and I’m from the south but I didn’t know that about funerals and this dish! I learned something new! Thanks for sharing.

9. My wife and I love this recipe. We make a pan every week. Our only change is adding 2 tablespoons of splenda and a 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla.

• That’s a great substitution, Joe! I may have to try the vanilla for sure!

• I made some today and it was soo delicious! My son absolutely loved it! My husband however thought it would taste better if it was sweet. Did it taste sweeter after adding Splenda and vanilla?

• Hi, there! I haven’t tried the cornbread myself with Splenda and vanilla. Compared to most other cornbreads I’ve tried, this recipe is actually so much more moist. Maybe not sweet, but moist anyway! Let me know if you try sweetening it!

• littlemisssunshine says:

I have made this cornbread many times within the past year and its a go to favorite! I like my cornbread on the sweet side, so I add about 2 to 3 tablespoons of honey to taste…and it is AMAZING!!!!! Thanks for the recipe!!!!

10. How many calories per piece?

11. Angela Stacey says:

Muy Bien! Gracias Marty!

12. I made some jumbo muffins with this recipe, I substituted the sour cream with greek yogurt. This is the best cornbread ever ! It tasted great along with my turkey chilli…my family enjoyed eating this deliscious and moist cornbread. Definately a keeper ! Thank you soooo much for sharing this amazing recipe!

• You’re the second person who has told me they substituted greek yogurt for the sour cream and loved it! That’s good to know! It is my favorite cornbread recipe because it’s so moist. Thanks for commenting!

13. Maria Maldonado says:

I’ve made this recipe at least a dozen times it comes out amazing cornbread is always made in a double batch so there’s enough for the meal

14. Can this recipe be made in large quantity?

• Hi, Wen. I would imagine that you could double this recipe in the longest (10×14 maybe?) pan that you have, but you would definitely have to adjust the cooking time to make sure that the bread gets done. Let me know if you try it!

15. This is a fantastic recipe. I severed it last night at a dinner party and it was a great hit. It’s so moist and delicious. It went perfectly with gumbo and collard greens! Yum!

16. Kristen says:

I love me some cornbread, but this version? It was crazy good. My family had it with pinto beans last night for dinner and they raved. Even my husband, who “doesn’t like” cornbread had 2 pieces. And I just had a big slab slathered with honey butter with my coffee for breakfast. This will be my go-to from now on. Thanks for sharing!

17. What if I only have one box of jiffy mix

18. I’m going to make this recipe this weekend and wonder if anyone has ever made cornbread with jalapino peppers finely chopped up in it? I recently heard of this but I don’t want to ruin a batch if it’s not good idea.

• Hi, Melva. I have not made it with jalapenos but I would think as long as you didn’t add a bunch of the juice (if using canned) then it would be allright. My husband loves HOT so I might try this for him. I’d love if you let me know how it tastes! Have a great weekend!

• Hi. Yes, indeed, jalapenos are fabulous in cornbread! I use the jarred slices, which tend to be milder than the canned ones. And just last night, I added bacon pieces, and all I can say is BOOM! My husband thought he had died and gone to heaven, LOL. I highly recommend adding jalapenos and bacon to this recipe.

19. I used this cornbread recipe to make cornbread muffins. My husband couldn’t believe how good they were. He ate 3 at dinner! We loved it< it will be my go to recipe from now on.

20. I loved this recipe as is!! We have a small family so I had lots leftover.. The next morning I lightly browned some on both sides and poured some molasses over it and had sausages with it!! Yummy. Mmmm

21. I was trying to see what the recipe is but could not find it .could you tell me please ,what all you have to put in please. Thank you

22. I made this tonight to go with chili. It was amazing. Best cornbread ever! I followed the recipe exactly.

23. I’m going to give this a try today. Stay tuned…

24. I’m going to give this a try today. Stay tuned…

25. Hi, just wondering if I can use fat free sour cream instead of regular. Do you think it will change the texture?

26. Thank you for this recipe I did not have sour cream but I did have full fay Greek yogurt and I put milk in it to thank you soo much boom fantastic! We are having it with pinto beans and fried chicken yum yum!

27. Oh yeah!!!! So yummy!!!!! Thank you so very much for this recipe!!!!

28. 5 STARS!

29. Cynthia Dillard says:

I made this recipe last night and my kids loved it. My husband has been a bit of a critic though, he’s been farting all night! I don’t really mind since they smell just like the cornbread, MMMMM yummy.

30. Allison G. says:

Delicious! I made these as mini-muffins…added 2 Splendas and some vanilla and baked at 375 for 20 minutes. Perfect for my child’s kindergarten class Thanksgiving luncheon!

31. Marty,
    I made this recipe and it did not rise and therefore a bit heavier, I was disappointed, so what did I possibly do wrong…the only thing I had changed was I could only find a 14.5 oz can of cream corn instead of the size you recommended… Would that have done it? Other than that, it tasted good, but texture was off plus not light, and fairly flat due to not rising… Should it been all those things?

• Hi, Regina. I’m not sure what went wrong with the recipe. It’s pretty forgiving and I don’t think the size of the canned corn would have made a difference. The recipe may not rise as much as a cornbread you’re used to. It’s not very tall but it’s always moist. It probably turned out fine but just wasn’t what you were expecting!

32. I’m not a baker, but this recipe is foolproof. Came out perfectly moist, dense and delicious.

33. My husband likes spicy. Anyone ever put a can of chopped green chillies in this recipe?

34. Christina says:

Hi! I found this recipe several months ago during a search for “moist” cornbread. Oh my goodness….best cornbread ever. I have made it several times and everyone always raves about it. In fact, I just ran to the store for the ingredients because it is New Year’s Day, and I am taking it to my parents for dinner. Oh….and I always add about a cup of cheddar cheese to the batter….ammmaaaaazzzzing!!!!

35. Best corn bread ever!! Thanks for the recipe.

36. I am what my husband calls baking challenged. I burn premade cookie dough. I can cook anything but baking is just not my thing, why I keep trying is a mystery. Perhaps because I’m stubborn and am determined to get the hang of it. I made this cornbread in a pan that has mini loaves sections so I had nine mini loaves. My husband said “did you buy these and heat them up?” lol. I had to show him the garbage with the eggs shells and empty Jiffy boxes to prove I made them. Oh yeah…..they were that good. Thank you for sharing this recipe. I wiil not, however, experiment and alter it like some have done since they were perfect the way the recipe is written and don’t want to mess withva good thing.

37. I just discovered this website and at the same time, the recipe for the Jiffy Cornbread with Creamed Corn. I was planning on making cornbread to go with the homemade vegetable soup to share both with my neighbor who is busy taking care of her ailing dad. I decided to try this recipe. I had everything I needed except the sour cream but DID have buttermilk so I substituted one cup of buttermilk. I just took it out of the over moments ago, sliced it up and divided it to take to my neighbor but before delivering it to her, I couldn’t wait to taste it. OMG!!! Where has this easy & delicious recipe been all my life???? I often use Jiffy, but had never tried your version using the creamed corn. It is delicious, moist and delightful!!!!! I could eat this for dessert with a little butter, especially right out of the oven! Oh, that reminds me, I did add 1 T of sugar also. This is going to be my new go to recipe for cornbread from now on. Thanks so much for sharing this and I’m so grateful I “stumbled” onto your website! I look forward to trying many more of your recipes and ideas. I LOVE shortcuts and new ways of using things to make life simpler! I think I’ve found my point of reference for such!!

38. amazing and perfect!!! Thank you! I added sliced Hot jalapeños(from a jar) to 1/2 of the muffins, and they were great, too. Baked in cupcake trays for only 20 mins and in glass bread loaf pan for 25.

39. Charissa says:

Making this tonight! Already got the ingredients. But I was wondering, could I use a little less sour cream? Maybe a 1/2 cup? And if I did, would I need to sub with milk? Thanks!

• Hi, Charissa. If you read through the comments on this post you’ll some of the substitutions my readers have come up with! You can also substitute yogurt sour cream but I’m not really sure about substituting with milk. Let me know if you make it differently and how it turns out! Have a great day!

40. AJ Garner says:

I just made this recipe. I love how simple and fool proof it is to make. This came out very moist and more of a saltier (not that it’s too salty) cornbread. changes I would make would be to make it a little fluffier…maybe use some baking powder?? Hubby (who is an extremely picky eater) tried a piece and said that it would be better if it were a little sweeter and fluffier, but said it would be good with meal. Overall, I give this recipe an A-! Thank you! Very easy to make! (I used Imperial margarine, and let the mixture sit for 10 minutes before adding to the oven). 35 minutes was perfect cooking time.

41. AJ Garner says:

Two more things: I sent my husband to the store to pick up the creamed corn..he came back with a 14.75 oz can — not sure if that’s how they come, now. That,, however, didn’t take away from the moistness of the cornbread. TWO: Next time, I will OMIT the salt…it is a little salty for my taste buds. Just thought I’d update for anyone interested.

42. Michelle Oelfke says:

Hi I’m going to try your recipe adaptation for Jiffy brand cornbread and am wondering could I use the recipe to make regular sized muffins and mini muffins? If so do you have suggested cook times for regular size muffins and the mini ones also?
    thank you in advance for your reply!

43. Andre Poirier says:

Love to try it,but can’t find recipe

44. Hi Marty, this is a great recipe. I have made this recipe in a 10″ cast iron pan and it’s wonderful. My question is, “can I use this recipe in cast iron corn stick pans, and how many do you think the recipe would make. Also, how much time to bake them.” Thank you.

• Hi, Leticia. I don’t even know what I corn stick pan is! Is that like a mold of some sort? I really don’t know but you could google it. Let me know what you find out and if you cook it send me a picture! I have never made the cornbread in a cast iron skillet but I do want to try. Thanks so much for visiting the blog!

45. Made this as muffins today for a meeting. Last week I made plain Jiffy muffins and was so disappointed at how dry they were. These were phenomenal! I only had about 2/3 cup of sour cream so I added a splash of half and half and a sprinkle of baking soda to account for the sour cream. The muffins are so creamy and moist! It made 15 muffins and I couldn’t be happier. My go-to recipe from now on!

46. Truly the best cornbread I’ve ever made & such an easy recipe. I left mine in 2 minutes longer by mistake. It was still very moist and delicious. The corn is sweet enough, I wouldn’t add any sweetener.

47. This is my favorite boxed cornbread! I don’t know why food tastes so much better. I usually make cakes and cornbread from scratch, but I’m going to be honest here, you jt cant beat the flavor and texture from the boxed mixes! I like them better:)

• Thanks, Dina. This is a universally loved recipe! I actually talked to the CEO of Jiffy and they have 90% of the market and rightly so. It’s a great product! Have a great Thanksgiving!

48. im going to make this for Thanksgiving but wondering if it’s as good if I bake it ahead of time, since it will be cold when served?

• Hi, Sara. You can always warm it up in the oven or microwave and serve the corn bread warm. We eat it leftover all the time. Some people will fry it in a cast iron skillet as well. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

49. This cornbread recipe is the best! I hated cornbread until I tried this recipe it’s a must try! I’m making this again for thanksgiving :)