I don’t know about you, but a basic “open and dump” recipe for busy days is an absolute lifesaver for me.
I saw this recipe and wanted to see if it was truly as easy as it sounded.
It was. My family loved it and the house smelled as if I’d cooked all day. Score one more for the slow cooker!
If you want to totally impress your family make this Jiffy Corn Bread with creamed corn to serve alongside the chili. It’s easy and incredibly moist.
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can white corn, drained
- 2 cans Great Northern Beans, drained
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes and chilies, drained
- garlic powder and cumin to taste
- 1 packet White Bean Chili Seasoning Mix (or 2 tbs chili seasoning)
- ½ cup sour cream
- Place all ingredients except sour cream in slow cooker and cook on low heat for 6 hours.
- Before serving remove chicken and shred (or cut into pieces if preferred).
- Stir in sour cream.
- Return chicken to slow cooker and serve with additional sour cream and shredded cheese if desired.
Not in the mood for white chicken chili?
We love this Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice Soup.
How about Mama’s Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup?
Or this tasty Slow Cooker Chicken Gnocchi Soup?
Hands down, Slow Cooker Taco Soup is the easiest soup I make and a family favorite.