I love blogs that show such amazing pictures of food that you want to jump up and make it yourself.
Perfectly round confections, goodness oozing from the delicacies.
Then I wake up and see my own photography, done to the best of my ability with lights hanging from shelves and scrapbook paper for backgrounds.
Totally flying by the seat of my pants, learning as I go.
So today I humbly offer you my Ugly but Delicious Peanut Butter Truffles.
Which, in the interest of telling the truth, were made by my youngest daughter.
For her own birthday. (Yeah, she rocks!)
I made these yummy balls of deliciousness at Christmas from this recipe but was too busy or tired or ~insert an excuse~ and photos didn’t happen.
They were so ugly I didn’t think they would taste good, but boy was I wrong!
They were devoured!
I hope you will have pity on my attempts at pretty food photography and give these truffles a chance.
If you like peanut butter and chocolate you’re in for a treat.
I won’t tell you how many I had to taste test just to make sure they were edible. (I’m a trooper, aren’t I?)
Or that at the dinner table I kept pushing the container of goodies back to my man and he shoved it right back at me, telling me to get some self discipline.
Ha! Not happening with this recipe!
I do hope you enjoy these as much as we did!
- 18 ounces peanut butter (creamy or chunky, your choice)
- 3/4 cup butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 12 ounces chocolate chips, melted
- Mix the peanut butter, butter, brown sugar and powdered sugar together in a mixing bowl.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and set on waxed cookie sheet in the refrigerator to cool (just a few minutes to let them harden a bit).
- Melt chocolate in microwave a few seconds at a time but do not over cook!
- You can add a few drops of cooking oil to the chocolate for a smoother texture.
- Next dip peanut butter balls into the melted chocolate and set coated balls onto a wax paper covered cookie sheet. (We used a fork to spear the ball and then dip in chocolate mixture.)
- Store in refrigerator until ready to eat!
Delivered by FeedBurner