Emphasis on the eating.
We have some amazing cooks in this crowd.
When I saw this incredible dessert being served I began hankering for the recipe.
That’s Southern for “have to have it and I’ll fight you for it!”
My friend Melinda Smith graciously typed it out and emailed it to me.
My kids were my test subjects. That was a hard job.
My oldest son was home from college.
He’s now a vegetarian.
I don’t know what happened to him when he went to school. My late night snacking buddy disappeared and this healthy young man appeared at our table.
He wouldn’t even touch this lasagna.
So I ate his share.
You’re welcome, son. Anything for the team.
- 16 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 16 oz. whipped topping - thawed
- 1 (14 oz.) box chocolate graham crackers
- 1 (12 oz.) bag mini Reese's cups
- 3/4 cup cocktail peanuts
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz. whipped topping
- Cream the cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar, heavy cream and vanilla. Whip 2-3 minutes. It will be thick.
- Add 16 oz. whipped topping. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Divide into thirds.
- Chop peanut butter cups and nuts. Divide into halves.
- In a 10x15 dish begin layering. First layer graham crackers. 2nd layer cream cheese filling. 3rd layer candy. 4th layer graham crackers. 5th layer cream cheese filling. 6th layer graham crackers. 7th layer filling.
- Frost with 8 oz. of cool whip.
- Sprinkle with remaining candy/nut mixture.
- Melt chocolate and heavy cream in microwave. Do not overheat.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate 4-6 hours. Enjoy!
- If you can't find chocolate graham crackers you could always substitue regular ones.
- If you wanted an extra (3rd) layer of candy you would have to have more Reese's cups and nuts.
- This recipe feeds a small army! It is so rich that you don't need to cut it into huge servings.
Linking with: The Better Mom, The Modest Mom Blog,The Alabaster Jar, Between Naps on the Porch, Skip to my Lou, Home Stories A to Z, Today’s Creative Blog, Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Cedar Hill Ranch, Savvy Southern Style, Balancing Beauty and Bedlam, 52 Mantels, 733, From my Front Porch to Yours, 36th Avenue, Chic on a Shoestring Budget, Serenity Now, Shabby Art Boutique, Six Sisters Stuff