Taking a glance through the dessert category on my blog one might think I like chocolate.
And peanut butter cups.
And you would be right! I love chocolate the most but peanut butter cups come in a close second!
I love them together or separate or just by themselves!
My DIY hubby is not much of a cheesecake fan but he loved these bars.
How can you go wrong with peanut butter cups?
The original recipe I was working from used chocolate and peanut butter morsels, which I didn’t have.
I substituted actual peanut butter cups and chocolate chips which worked out great!
Which do you like better, peanut butter cups or chocolate by itself?
- 1 1/2 sleeves chocolate graham crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 oz. peanut butter cups, chopped in fourths
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 8-oz pkgs cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter. Save 1 cup of crumb mixture for topping.
- Press the remaining mixture onto bottom of ungreased 13x9 baking pan.
- Sprinkle peanut butter cups and chocolate chips over crust.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla extract in larger mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating until smooth.
- Pour over crust, chocolate chips and peanut butter cups.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb topping.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack and refrigerate until firm.
- Can be served in silver muffin cup liners for variation.
Linking with: Stone Gable